Because the Bell is not fully funded by LHS, each member of the staff is required to sell ads in order to pay for its publication. At the beginning of the school year, you will be assigned a list of businesses to contact. You will be in charge of contacting, and hopefully selling an ad to each of your assigned businesses throughout the school year.
Guidelines to Follow when Selling Ads:
- Dress nicely, as if you were giving a presentation in class. Remember, you are representing The Bell and LHS.
- Speak clearly and confidently.
- Go with a partner – It often makes it easier.
- Stress the advertising possibilities. Around 1,800 students, their families, teachers and administrators will see each paper! That could mean a lot of potential business.
- Don’t leave without giving them contact information. They might say no in September, but change their minds later in the year.
- Make sure you are knowledgeable of our prices and sizes. (This is typically the most common question potential advertisers ask.)
- Bring a newspaper with you. Show them what the ad would look like on the page.